Nose reshaping or Rhinoplasty is a popular surgery of the nose. The nose is the most defining part of the body, and a crooked nose can make us feel inferior or less attractive. Even a minor nose surgery can have a remarkable impact on a person’s face. Rhinoplasty is an invasive surgery, which chisels your nose according to your facial contours, giving you a brand new appearance. This surgery involves altering the size or shape of the nose, the width and aperture of the nostrils; and the angle between the nose and the upper lip. It can correct a defect in the nose present from birth, any deformity following an injury; and improve breathing problems.
There are three common types of corrective nose plastic surgery:
- Rhinoplasty – It is full correction of the external visible portion of the nose, including the bridge, nasal tip and nostrils.
- Septorhinoplasty –It is correction of the internal septum, in addition to all of above.
- Tipplasty – It is correction of the nose tip and adjustments of the nostril.
It’s very important to go for a proper consultation before opting for Rhinoplasty. There is no absolute ideal in nose surgery. Ethnicity, skin type and age of the patient are crucial determinants.
The main objective of rhinoplasty is to make the nose harmonize with the surrounding face, resulting in overall aesthetic improvement. Sometimes, chin augmentation and other surgeries of the face may have to be combined for achieving perfect balance and harmony in the face.
Who is The Perfect Candidate for Rhinoplasty?
Before we opt for rhinoplasty, it’s necessary to determine the factors leading lead to the surgery, which are as follows-
- If you are unhappy with the shape, size or angle of your nose.
- If your nose is too large, too small or not in proportion to the rest of your face.
- If you have breathing problems resulting from irregularities inside your nose.
- If you have a nasal hump or a nasal tip that is drooping, too elevated or wide.
- If you’ve had an injury, which resulted in a broken septum.
How is Rhinoplasty performed?
At first, the surgeon numbs the nasal area and then makes incisions to access the bones and cartilage that support the nose. There are two general techniques for making the incisions: open and endonasal.
For an open rhinoplasty, incisions are made outside the nose, making more surgical manipulations possible.
Whereas for an endonasal rhinoplasty, incisions are made inside the nose, making the after surgery scars invisible. The Cosmetic Surgeon removes the bone or cartilage inside the nose and then adjusts the supporting area to remodel the nose. Let’s see few ways in which a nose is remodelled-
- Tip grafts made of cartilage can be used to remodel the tip of your nose, making it more uplifted, longer, shorter, or thinner.
- Your skin and other soft tissues will remodel to assume the shape of the underlying structure.
- In some patients, tissue fillers or fat grafts can be added to increase volume in desired areas.
Recovery after Rhinoplasty-
After the surgery, the surgeon will put a surgical pad or packing in your nose to avoid haemorrhage due to sneezing or blowing your nose. The patient is asked to follow certain precautions post-surgery, such as:
- Eating soft foods like pudding, ice-cream or custard.
- Avoid sneezing or blowing your nose which may trigger haemorrhage.
- Avoid taking heavy showers for a week.
- Avoid washing your face rigorously as it might hurt your nose.
- Come for a follow-up check-up a week later and to remove the nose packing.
Nose Surgery in Hyderabad-
Rhinoplasty surgery in Hyderabad gives you a range of options. Make your way to The New You clinic, which provides you world class treatment for rhinoplasty, under the expertise of Dr. Deepu Chundru, Dr. Sushma Raavi and Dr. Amulya Deeconda.
These doctors give you the best treatment for rhinoplasty, at a comfortable budget and you can walk home with a flawless, attractive and confident face in a jiffy. For the best quotes, contact www.thenewyou.com