We get pigmentation marks on our body when we venture out into the sun. In fact, the more we age, the more pigmentations marks we see. Pigmentation marks are the large areas of discoloration we get on our cheeks and forehead. It occurs when melanin, which is the pigment of our skin, forms deposits.
This melanin is sometimes overstimulated or damaged due to sun damage, hormonal imbalance, genetics and/or skin irritation. When that happens, the cells that are affected produce way too much melanin or too little. Too much melanin causes darker spots and too little melanin causes lighter spots. These unsightly marks can be reduced significantly with the help of dermatology treatments in Hyderabad.
Treatment Options for Hyperpigmentation
There are various treatment options for hyperpigmentation and they can show great results. You just have to understand which treatment will suit you the best and for that, you need to seek out a reputed dermatologist in Hyderabad or any other city. Only then you will be able to make the most informed decision about the procedures, described below.
- Microdermabrasion- In this procedure, fine crystals are sprayed on the skin to exfoliate away the upper-most layer, which helps sand away the dark spots formed on the skin. The procedure generally takes about 20-30 mins to complete, after which you can get back to your normal routine.
- Chemical peel- This is an intensive treatment which helps erase off the brown spots with the help of an exfoliating action using alpha-hydroxyl acid (glycolic acid) or beta hydroxy acid (salicylic acid) peels. A total of 4-6 peels are required to get rid of spots on your skin.
- Hyperpigmentation laser- This laser treatment can even out your skin tone. However, it needs an expert hand to carry out the laser properly, as it can damage your skin if not done properly. Lasers are unique light emitting devices which give off a single and very specific wavelength of light targeted to rule out specific skin problems. Certain lasers are so equipped that they can remove brown spots. These devices help break the dense melanin pigment which causes discolorations.
- Intense Pulsed Light Photo Rejuvenation- This treatment, also known as IPL treatment for short, can treat a combination of skin problems. It not only reduces the appearance of brown spots but also lends a youthful glow to the skin. An IPL machine works by emitting a broad range of colors of light at the same time, to treat different skin conditions covering large areas. Filters are then utilized to specifically emit light in varied wavelengths. Varied wavelengths of light are used to focus on different layers of skin.
- Hydroquinone- This is a chemical lightening agent that is applied directly to the mark. Some dermatologists regard this as one of the best forms of treatment for removing pigmentation marks. Hydroquinone works by blocking an enzyme that helps in the production of the pigment melanin. This treatment has to be followed for a good six months to get proper results.
The best part of all these treatments is that no needles and anesthesia is required. Your skin might feel a little red after treatment, as if you have a mild sunburn, but you will be able to reprise your chores pretty soon. So seek out for these anti-aging treatments in Hyderabad or your city of choice and you will be able to get rid of pigmentation marks with ease.